SSDS Requirements Engineer (Job Number:442217)
SAIC is seeking a SSDS Requirements Engineer to support for Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) Requirements engineering and Certification support in Dahlgren, VA.
Technical areas include SSDS Combat System Requirements development and management using the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS), component integration and experimentation, combat system interoperability and testing support, and baseline certification support.
The effort described shall be performed primarily at NSWCDD Dahlgren, Virginia and travel is anticipated.
- Perform Requirement Analysis, Requirement Traceability Mappings and Testability Assessments.
- Perform requirements engineering using the DOORS Database to identify, trace and track requirements for test procedure development. Analyze CS/C2 element and combat system requirements.
- Analyze requirements to verify dependencies between requirements.
- Analyze white papers, summary briefings and reports, requirements analyses documents, derived requirements, requirements traceability mappings, or testability assessments.
- Perform requirement engineering to identify system requirements, maintain requirements trace, track changes to requirements, and determine and track the metrics for CS/C2 system requirements.
- Maintain requirements identified in the specifications and design documents (e.g., in Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) compatible databases).
- Maintain data relating/tracing requirements to design and implementation documents.
- Maintain data relating/tracing requirements to test procedures, test reports, and Trouble Reports (TRs) written against failed requirements.
- Recommend Measures of Effectiveness (MOE) and Measures of Performance.
- Perform analyses for total systems, for technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness. Perform analyses at all levels- concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal of the total system product.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements: a) related to tactical and operational performance into specifications; and b) into hardware and software specifications.
- Collaborate on developing and assessing Capability Requirement Documents, Capability Production Documents, System Engineering Plans, System Requirements Documents, System Design Documents, Interface Design Documents and Specifications.
- Develop inputs to architecture products depicting CS/C2 functions (via their system engineering and architectural expertise), which contain functional flow, interfaces, processing, and performance and error budget allocations.
- The contractor shall, for some of these architectural products, provide inputs in a Department of Defense products.
- Recommend functional descriptions and functional flows for proposed systems.
- Provide inputs for creating varied tactical scenarios to ensure warfare analysis accounts for the operational context in which systems will be employed.
- Review and analyze program documentation, Human System Integration (HSI) analysis and documentation, and user performance analysis and documentation.
- Evaluate design options and recommend solutions to identified interoperability problems.
- Perform systems-level analyses, interface analyses and interoperability analyses. Provide written comments to Specification Change Notices (SCN’s) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP’s) as part of the Local Change Control Board (LCCB) Review Team to assess impacts to the Combat System.
- Review and comment on Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) Test Team Test Plans.
- Provide System Engineering Support for Test Events as exercise participants and console operator.
- Participate in Test Working Group and other test related meetings at designated sites/labs in support of test events. Identify tactical and operational situations, conditions and/or system performance characteristics using Tactical Decision Aids (TDA).
- Provide engineering support in the requirements development, test evaluation, analysis and reporting of baseline upgrades or new capabilities.
- Analyze the impacts of the Open Trouble Reports; i.e. SSDS Software Engineering Difficulty Reports (EDRs).
- Support the Local Change Control Board (LCCB), review ECP’s, SCN’s, ASCN’s, other documentation for accuracy, completeness and combat system impact.
- Ensure review comments are delivered to the LCCB configuration manager for adjudication; participation the adjudication process is required.
- Ensure code analysis and inspections are performed on SSDS Software Builds to close out EDR’s and to test SSDS Site Data.
- Participate in the Local Change Control Board (LCCB) meetings.
- Tasked to review and provide comments to the Configuration Manager for all assigned configuration items (Documentation).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and 2+ yrs experience or Masters and 0 yrs experience or 6 years of related experience with a GED/HS degree.
- 4 years of DoD Combat Systems Experience. US Naval Systems preferred.
- Operational Experience is a PLUS.
- A SECRET clearance is required. Higher clearance is accepted.
- Up to 25% travel possible.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 3, 2018, 2:13:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job