General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Participates in the design and coding of software products.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
5. Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
6. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
7. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
8. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of related software development experience.
The applicant would be the Technical Lead for programs utilizing the IBM Maximo COTS solution for one or two Department of Defense programs. The applicant would work with the Program Lead to ensure the program is operating as designed for the customer. They would be responsible for ensuring software delivery releases were packaged and delivered to the customer correctly. They would travel on-site when needed to complete the more complex software releases. The applicant would also be a point of contact for the customer System Administrator to help resolve any issues the customer may have with the day to day operation of the program. The Technical Lead works with the Technical Manager to schedule resources from the Maximo development team for additional database, report and java work assignments. They also ensure all technical manuals are kept up to date, as well as provide specific software release installation instructions for each release sent to the customer.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.