General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Machinery Controls Systems Engineer:
Seeking candidates to fill the position of Controls Engineer in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Philadelphia Division (NSWCPD) Code 516 Machinery Control Systems (DDG 1000, LSD, MCM) & Advanced Damage Control Systems Branch in Philadelphia, PA.
5-8 years of related engineering experience.
1. Shipboard or industrial experience with machinery control system installation, operational testing, troubleshooting, and repair.
2. Experience troubleshooting software-based machinery control systems.
3. Allen Bradley Control Logix Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) experience.
4. Experience with MCS machinery plant signal interfaces.
5. Experience in developing schematics, wiring diagrams, installation drawings and procedures, and troubleshooting/maintenance procedures.
6. Experience in reviewing schematics to isolate shipboard issues and redlining drawings.
1. Experience with Ethernet network, RS-485/422/232, Modbus and fiber optic standards and protocols.
2. Experience installing, operating, and maintaining software-based U.S. Navy shipboard machinery control systems.
3. Programming languages – RSLogix 5000, and C++
4. Experience with Windows 7/10 Operating System
5. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and later
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.