• SAIC is seeking experienced, energetic, forward- thinking technical initiative leads to join our team as we continue to provide digital transformation services to our customers.
• The successful candidate will be excited to work in an agile environment and will have experience leading web application projects throughout the entire software lifecycle.
• Our teams will be developing or modernizing applications that run in private and commercial cloud infrastructures.
• As such, the candidate should have familiarity with applications that use virtualization, containers, and cloud services – with a focus on platforms such as Java, OpenShift, and Kubernetes is a plus. Our vision at SAIC is to be the premier technology integrator in our market.
• In SAIC’s Software Solutions organization, we are transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers throughout the federal government.
• Our matrix structure enables career mobility across 150+ projects within our software portfolio.
Technical Initiative Lead will perform the following functions supporting NASA projects:
• Lead, monitor, and motivate different teams across the company and interact with staff at all levels in the organization. Create and manage methods of management, communication plans, and processes
• Analyze, plan, and develop procedures and other management and technical duties
• Define the scope of the project, roles, and responsibilities along with various stakeholders
• Participate in the allocation of budget, staff and any other resource(s) that are needed to accomplish or achieve set out goals (projects), and also monitor the performance of every project
• Maintain correct project time frames, estimates, and status reports
• Responsible for the management of complex problems and development of processes for scheduling and administration
• Make sure that all required projects are completed and reviewed
• Responsible for identifying, clarifying, and communicating the vision(s) and/or objective(s) of projects and show how they fall in place with, enhance, or inhibits such vision(s) and/or objective(s)
• Provide process improvement recommendations that are based on best practices and industry standards.
Here are major requirements you will have to meet to be qualified to work as a technical project manager with most companies:
• Good and effective communication and leadership skills.
• Good interpersonal skills so as to be able to relate with people or personnel from different units of the company
• Excellent numerical, analytical, and problem- solving skills
• Good knowledge and understanding of relevant IT applications
• Ability to build relationship across many fronts
• Ability to focus and pay attention to details at all times
• Ability to work in a team as well as an individual with little or no supervision
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in any IT-related discipline
• 10+ years of relevant working experience in a project management setting
• Any other certification would be a plus.