850-Developer - Military veterans preferred
Frontier Technology, Inc. (www.fti-net.com)
Type: Full Time
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
FTI is currently looking for a Developer supporting work in Chesapeake, VA.
- Work under general supervision of a Project Manager according to company policies and project specifications.
- Must analyze and review existing system and program logic to become familiar with the existing product features and coding standards.
- Design, develop, test and debug new features or enhancements to existing software
- Develop prototypes and mock-ups for feedback.
- Document all work through code comments, programmer's manuals, user guides, and or regular status reports.
- Identify and report software problems.
- Employ best industry practices.
- Exhibit strong knowledge of Web-related technologies and techniques.
- Works on projects including web-based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database-backed websites and web layout enhancements.
- Identify and fix software problems that are discovered in existing client tools including Access and other Microsoft Office related products.
- Participates in processes concerning the architecture of new applications to meet client needs.
- 3-5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Programming experience with C++, C# or VB.NET required
- (Preferred) Additional experience with web application development (ASP.Net, HTML, JAVA) and web server experience (IIS, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience with application performance and web server optimization.
- Experience with using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and implementing change management and release processes.
- SharePoint administration is a plus.
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Engineering or related fields
· Specific knowledge of system integration and application interface design issues is required.
· Specific knowledge of industry and company database development standards and data quality assurance practices is required.
- Specific knowledge of system integration and application interface design issues is required.
- Understanding of database analytical tools, network architecture and protocols, security risks and security policies is required.
- Knowledge of large hierarchical and relational database techniques and methodologies is required.
- Understanding of data management in respect to availability, integrity and security is required.
- Some travel will be required
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain/maintain a government security clearance
More Jobs For Veterans...