3D Game Modeler (Job Number:442162)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The candidate for this position will be responsible for developing 3D assets for interactive training products. The candidate will interact with team members, customers, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop engaging interactive web- and computer-based training products for government and commercial clients. The ideal candidate will create AAA title quality hard surface 3D models, textures, materials, and environments. Responsibilities include creation of 3D content for the Unity Game Environment. The candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership of their work. Attention to detail is required for this position, as well as demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, manage time efficiently, and work in a team environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Graphic/Multimedia Design, Art, or similar field of study from an accredited college or university is required along with 1+ year of experience (Bachelor’s) or 0+ years of experience (Master’s).
- Years of experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- Demonstrable artistic skill and previous experience creating detailed 3D models using applications such as Maya or 3D Studio Max is required.
- Working experience with Substance Painter (or similar) and understanding of creating physically-based lighting and materials.
- The candidate must possess strong graphic design and illustration skills.
- An online portfolio is required.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills are a required, including the ability to interact effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Familiarity with the Unity Game Engine and understanding of asset pipeline and optimization.
- Experience with the life cycle of design and programming of interactive training content from concept through project completion.
- Video/audio production experience.
- Experience working with cross discipline and external teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2018, 2:47:47 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job