Lead Transport Aircraft Mechanic (King Air A&P) - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
The Aircraft Mechanic Lead performs maintenance tasks and provides supervision and guidance to assigned personnel in the maintenance of assigned aircraft King Air C-12.
Coordinate maintenance efforts with section supervisors/leads to ensure the timely return of aircraft to mission capable status.
- Ensure that assigned personnel have access to and use adequate technical data during all phases of aircraft maintenance.
- Review aircraft records for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide on-the-job training for assigned personnel.
- Coordinate with the manager and supervisors to carry out duties in an effective and efficient manner.
- Participate in and enforce compliance with established FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, environmental and safety programs.
- Monitor the status of aircraft in-work and coordinate efforts with the maintenance manager and subordinate personnel.
- Monitor quality control reports and ensure corrective measures are implemented to improve maintenance quality and prevent the development of adverse trends.
- Within qualifications, conduct inspections of aircraft and system maintenance to ensure quality and completeness.
- Monitor and perform operational, functional and rig checks of assigned aircraft
- Assist assigned personnel in researching and requisitioning aircraft parts and components and in determining the reparability and serviceability of parts and components in question.
- Review aircraft records to ensure that required maintenance has been performed, that hourly and calendar tracked events are current and all associated documentation has been completed.
- Ensure all necessary manual and automated records are completed as required by applicable regulations, manuals, contract guidance and company directives.
- Follow technical data, manuals, regulations, and other maintenance directives as required.
- Participates in towing and movement of aircraft in performing maintenance activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- An in-depth knowledge of the applicable aircraft.
- A thorough working knowledge of applicable technical publication.
- Ability to read and write and interpret technical data and special operating instructions.
- Good verbal and written skills and leadership ability.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of applicable aircraft experience of which at least two (2) years must be performed as a senior mechanic.
- Qualified by the appropriate USG armed forces aircraft mechanic maintenance course or civilian equivalent training.
- Recent full-time experience in aviation maintenance with the assigned aircraft during the past 12 months (King Air C-12).
- Six (6) months of flight line and overhaul & inspection experience.
- Phase or Reset Maintenance experience desired.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstance, including extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Some travel may be required.
More Jobs For Veterans...