full-time employee contract
Network Systems Engineer, Unified Capabilities (UC)
Provide DISA enterprise Unified Communication service operations, administration, and provisioning support for unclassified voice systems. Provide daily support to the DISA Europe Operational Transport Network Services Division (EU4) engineering in voice communications support services; design integration, installation, testing, operations and maintenance as required.
Position requires support of DOD continuity of operations, VoIP system deployment, expansion & modernization, system configuration management, server consolidation & virtualization implementation of new VoIP capabilities, and customer account moves, additions & changes.
Candidate must have familiarity with systems such as:
- AudioCodes - Media Gateway (M3K) & Element Management System (ACEMS)
- Avaya - Media Server (MAS), Ethernet Routing Switch (ERS), Local Session Controller (LSC), Provisioning (PROV) Client, Session Manager (SESM)
- Cisco - Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Enterprise Session Controller (ESC), Power over Ethernet (POE) Switch, Prime Collaboration, Cisco Routers (2811, 3945, etc.), Element Management System (EMS) Unity Media Server
- Juniper - Customer Edge Routers (CER)
- Oracle - ADIMSS Client Services, Communications Operations Monitor (OCOM), Session Border Controller (SBC)
While the network is predominantly VoIP based, candidate must have a solid foundation on Time Division Multiplexed systems and standards (T-1, E-1 and OC-3 formats) for Class 4 and Class 5 switches.
Security Clearance: Current Secret clearance (Mandatory); will process for Top Secret (Must be U.S. Citizen)
1) Security+ce or equivalent (DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher) (Mandatory)
2) CCNA certification (Mandatory)
Bachelors of Science, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 7 years of experience.
- Prior experience working on DISA systems and with DISA customers
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
Work location: Stuttgart, Germany (Patch Barracks)
Work hours: Normal daytime working hours, 40 hrs/week
This is a Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) position in Germany.
This is a funded position.
POC: If interested, please upload your resume and also directly contact our HR lead, Mark Aschenbach, (703) 488-2073, email@example.com (please send copies of your certifications).