full-time employee contract
Network Operational Engineer (IP OE)
We support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) providing critical mission support in a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure directly supporting joint warfighters and national level leaders across the full spectrum of military operations. This Network Operational Engineer role provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) IP networks.
You will be responsible for:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Implementation and troubleshooting of routing protocols and architectures, specifically BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, and MPLS.
• Configuration of routing protocols including IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments and platforms.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of protocols and architectures to include: OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
• Routing and switching (VPN, VLAN, BGP, and MPLS).
• Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment
• Experienced with troubleshooting L2VPNs, VPLS, and Service Provider MPLS.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience. 3-5 additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 or higher baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent)
• CCNA Routing & Switching (or CCNP, CCIE)
• Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols (e.g. BGP, ISIS), IPsec, traffic shaping, MPLS, firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Juniper), Crypto network appliances, and/or WAN traffic acceleration
• Proven expertise with networking architectures and protocols to include IPSEC, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, QoS
• Proven technical hands-on experience working with Cisco and Juniper routing protocols in an enterprise/service provider environment (static routes, IS-IS, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, route maps, redistribution, and routing policies).
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, and
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program
Security Clearance: Current Secret or Top Secret w/SSBI background investigation (Mandatory); will process for Top Secret (Must be U.S. Citizen)
Work location: Stuttgart, Germany (Patch Barracks)
Work hours: Normal daytime working hours, 40 hrs/week
This is a Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) position in Germany.
This is a funded position with immediate availability.
POC: If interested, please upload your resume and also directly contact our HR lead, Mark Aschenbach, (703) 488-2073, email@example.com (please send copy of your resume and certifications).
ManTech -- A leader in Enterprise IT, full-spectrum cyber, data collection and analytics, and systems engineering and software applications. Check us out at www.ManTech.com. Celebrating 50 years of service to our Nation.