Raytheon IIS is currently seeking a Sr. Field Engineer to support the Tewkesbury, MA DDG labs and
the software development areas.
The Sr Field Engineer will work closely with Property control to identify and tag GFE appropriately,
adhere to all GFE Property requirements, assist in annual GFE physical inventories, and be the
responsible GFE custodian of all GFE for DDG engineering.
- Manage facility work required for lab areas (cleaning, painting, facility repair, etc)
- Perform lab safety audits and take corrective actions of any discrepancies
- Provide security escorts for un-cleared workers performing activities within classified lab spaces
- Ability to take charge, work with minimum supervision, direct others, solve problems, manage multiple tasks, and be responsive to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of electronics, tools and test equipment.
- Ability to conduct testing and installation of fiber optic and copper data cables.
- Personal Computer knowledge with extensive experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with IBM, HP, CDS, and other misc. COTs equipment, with the ability to direct and to perform installation, configuration, fault isolation, and repair of this equipment.
- Knowledge of Raytheon GFE practices, Receiving, Shipping, facility moves
- Experienced with the Filemaker Pro database software, capable of modifying the database, as well as performing updates, and developing layouts and creating reports from it.
- Should possess excellent verbal communications skills and know how to orchestrate job tasks between multiple group organizations.
- Knowledgeable with the DDG TI-284 or TI-49 security procedures
- Knowledgeable with Property Control requirements and capable of being the GFE custodian for the DDG program in Tewksbury.
- General knowledge of networked equipmen
Required Education (including Major):
- Familiarity with Redhat Admin tasks
- Networking Administration experience with Cisco Manufactured Equipment. Technical writing skills to develop and maintain documentation, reports, and solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Able to read drawings and schematics.
- Experience working with represented (union) work force and coordinating equipment receipt, shipping and moving between labs
- Ability to create and implement processes
- Experience working in a software development and engineering lab environment
Candidates for a Sr. Field Engineer I should have a Bachelor's degree in electronics or equivalent with at least 4 years' experience OR an Associate Degree with at least 8 years of experience OR HS and 12 years' experience.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.