Manager, Business Development (BD), Javelin Joint Venture (JJV),
Land Warfare Systems (LWS)
The Manager, BD, Javelin Joint Venture, Land Warfare Systems is responsible for establishing and managing US domestic business development opportunities for the Javelin Joint Venture supporting the Land Warfare Systems Product Line of Raytheon Missile Systems. Position reports directly to the Director of Domestic Business Development, Land Warfare Systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Serve as the Javelin Joint Venture BD representative and principle investigator for new business opportunities on the Javelin Weapon System (production programs, P3I, launchers, congressional, FMS/DCS, mounted applications)
· Establish and maintain effective customer communication and relationships with key US customers, industrial partners (Lockheed Martin), and support staffs in both acquisition communities and user communities. Shape the customer in support of RMS ideas, solutions and capabilities by preparing and conducting timely Raytheon and JJV presentations
·Responsible for market analysis and assessment, understanding entry points and competitors, building and maintaining new program opportunities, strategy development, managing the execution of the Javelin JV strategy for program directors, and monitoring progress toward organizational objectives in support of the current and projected Five-Year financial plan. Support LWS lead investigator and capture manager engagements with customers.
· Actively participate in and provide expertise/knowledge to strategy reviews, bid and proposal activities, gate reviews, color teams and pipeline growth/management.
· Support the Raytheon Identification/Pursuit process, Bid & Proposal activities, and pipeline database management/entry.
· Customer / competitor intelligence – Awareness and knowledge of customer-critical activities in the local area and communicate information with appropriate company leaders
· Support trade shows and professional conferences to help educate customers on Raytheon capabilities and articulate the US Army, USMC, INTL customer’s requirements to Raytheon.
· Support/manage executive contact plans on a daily basis and at regional trade shows/conferences.
· Interact with USBD and program business development managers to collaborate and coordinate information requirements, senior customer visits and potential opportunities.
· Minimum of ten years of progressive experience working with defense systems/products – while serving with the government or industry equivalent.
· Relevant experience in International weapon systems sales (FMS/DCS) and foreign acquisition.
· Working knowledge of the Congressional process for authorization and appropriations.
· Strong understanding of ground systems, anti-tank weapons, targeting sensors, fire control systems, surveillance systems, and armaments.
· Demonstrated understanding of Raytheon LWS programs, personnel and missions.
· Experience in working Security Assistance Organizations on related programs.
· Proven ability to develop effective internal and external relationships through personal influence – proactive, responsive, consistent and persistent
· Understands customer requirements and mission needs with a focus on collaboration; identifies opportunities for strategic alliances, opening new opportunities and market segments
· Must be aggressive and willing to challenge the customer base.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – active listening, ability to articulate customer’s environment and needs to all management levels both professional or capture manager.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and using the internet and internet resources
· Active Secret Clearance
****Position will be based at Raytheon’s Tucson facility.****
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Business Development
· Demonstrated successful track record of working in Industry as a Business Development lead
· U.S. Army, Special Operations, Marine Corps, and/or Acquisition/SAO/FAO background
· Regional foreign language skills
· Knowledge and working relationship with RTN AND LMMFC JV and PM offices
· Raytheon experience – knowledge of company and processes to leverage capabilities to customers
· Knowledge and working relationship with SAO program offices.
Required Education (including Major)
Bachelor’s degree – Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, BD
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.