We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
Raytheon is seeking an Operations and Sustainment Liaison for NOAA programs located at the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland. The Ops & Sustainment Liaison will be responsible for providing oversight of Operational activities and act as a liaison between Sustainment work and on-going Operations. The Ops & Sustainment Liaison will also provide technical, logistical, process, and proposal support and guidance for expanding Raytheon scope within the NOAA enterprise.
The Ops & Sustainment Liaison will report to program management within the Raytheon Space Weather Systems sub-mission area and work primarily at the NSOF and Raytheon Riverdale, Maryland location. The successful candidate must demonstrate ability to understand complex organizational structures, understand and evolve broad engineering processes, manage baseline changes, and drive customer acceptance.
Qualified applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, will be subject to a security investigation, and must be able to obtain a DOD Common Access Card (CAC) and pass a national agency check.
- Customer programmatic and technical interaction
- Senior leadership summary reports and solution recommendation
- Requirements evaluation
- Understanding and communicating customer's organizational, reporting, and process structures
- Oversight of operational activities and liaison between sustainment efforts and operations
- Process improvements across a broad organizational/operational baseline
- Develop and enforce the use of best practices
- Develop plans (schedule, technical, process) for deployment and transition strategies
- Coordinate with capture and proposal leadership to ensure coverage of IIS and NWS pursuits
- Direct and relevant experience with the NOAA / NESDIS organization
- Experience performing transformation and modernization of large-scale operational/IT systems
- Experience in IT and cyber security practices
- Experience with EVMS including preparing critical path analysis, development input for integrated master schedule and technical task for each task
- Experience fostering and engaging in active participation in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with subordinates, customers, and other Raytheon organizations
- Experience working with teams in multiple global locations
- Establishment of executable baselines and risk and opportunity management to meet specific financial goals and obligations
Education Requirements:BS in a scientific or engineering field of study or BS in Business Management with no less than 10 years relevant experience, including sufficient work background to effectively transform/transition a complex global multi-site program. Eighteen (18) years of relevant experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and certifications, including: Active Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project management Professional (PMP), or IT process improvement and/or capability frameworks (e.g., ITIL 3, COBIT, ISO, etc.)
- Experience in proposal development, cost strategy and BOE development
- Experience mentoring, team building, and teaching program protection and system integrity related skills to facilitate knowledge transfer and growth, cross-training and collaboration
- Experience participating in cross-business, cross-company, and industry teams associated to process and policy determination and development
- Experience with NOAA’s implementation of IT and cyber security practices
- High degree of technical writing experience, in developing domain focused white papers, trade studies, and technical/policy documents in support of related initiatives, programs and proposals
- Previous experience in the preparation of budgets, schedules, staffing, etc. as required to manage support to programs and initiatives
- Experience in leading or supporting proposal development efforts, to include BOE generation
- Experience with DevOps methodology
- Experience with Cloud computing/technology
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.