***Great opportunity for current seniors in college or recent college graduates. If you are not a current college senior, or a recent college graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
The Industrial Engineer drives business and process improvements across multiple manufacturing and transactional processes by designing, improving, and implementing integrated systems of people, materials, and equipment. The individual draws upon the specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences, together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
The IE leads initiatives which incorporate best practices in areas such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and theory of constraints to eliminate process variation and production waste, reduce lead-times, improve process flow, evaluate available capacity, and create gains in efficiencies.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Reviews existing operations, documenting product and information flow in current operations using tools including value stream maps and process flow diagrams; develops recommendations for process improvements (including automation); and leads the implementation of the recommendations.
- Leads factory layout initiatives for optimal process flow and material levels, including kanban/ replenishment levels and material presentation.
- Leads Lean events and mentors cross-functional teams on use of Lean principles & tools.
- Identifies needs for manufacturing simulation models; leads data collection efforts to support model creation. Creates alternate scenarios based on model modifications.
- Uses system reports to investigate work measurement variances; performs cost/benefit analysis and trade-off studies for methods and productivity improvements.
- Builds capacity models (equipment and manpower), including gathering of critical data; makes recommendations based on the model outputs.
- Applies statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Ensures Human Factors Engineering disciplines are utilized in production setup, configuration and in new product designs.
- Drives improved manufacturability and testability of products by analyzing historical performance and makes recommendations to Design the teams.
- Participates in new proposals; coordinates data collection based on existing standards and historical data.
- Strong understanding of Lean principles and implementation of Lean strategies.
- Strong leadership skills, capable of assembling, leading, and motivating effective teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen, ability to make sound business decisions and present cost benefits
- U.S. Citizenship
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Proficient in Lean Principles, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints methodologies and tools
- Proficient in Process Simulations
- Demonstrated knowledge in Automation/Smart Manufacturing
- Capable of managing the implementation of Business-level projects in a multiple factories
- Project and change management skills
- Experience deploying automation and robotics systems in a high mix production environment.
- Experience with digital manufacturing tools and techniques (Delmia, Process Simulate, NX or equivalent)
- Focus on system optimization and transformation
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Self-motivated change agent, has a bias for action and a sense of urgency; demonstrates accountability by holding self and others accountable to the team charter.
- Knowledge in Visiprise Manufacturing (VM), Process Re-invention Integrating Systems for Manufacturing (PRISM) systems
- Transitioning development products to a production environment
- Six Sigma certification, Raytheon Six Sigma Expert, Six Sigma Black Belt, Shingo Certification, or equivalent
- Earned Value Certification
Required Education (including major): Must have a BS / BA with a major in Industrial Systems Engineering or other related field by Summer 2019 or have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.