Would you like to work in a collaborative environment? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. The company offers great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
This position is located in Dulles, VA, State College, PA or Aurora, CO.
The Space Mission Enterprise Engineer (SMEE) position will apply a full life-cycle systems engineering approach to space and ground systems to enable their development, deployment and operation. The SMEE will primarily support planning and design of small satellites through architecture development, requirements analysis, supporting trade studies, and implementing solutions.
The specific skills required include strong analytical skills, space domain knowledge, and strong communication skills. The candidate should be a “big picture thinker” with a background in space systems. Systems Engineering experience is desired. The candidate’s responsibilities will require interactions with a wide variety of personnel and technical backgrounds so strong communication skills are important.
This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance. A current and/or active TS/SSBI is required.
• Four (4) years of relevant Systems Engineering experience
• Experience in satellite, ground, and/or communications systems development
• Experience generating systems engineering artifacts and products
• Experience developing and executing design verification activities for spacecraft, ground stations, and/or ground/flight software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to include oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel to other contractor and/or Government facilities to support duties
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in New Space (Space 2.0) end-to-end, space-to-ground enterprise development and operations and sustainment
• Experience developing and executing design verification activities across constellation segments, including spacecraft, ground stations, and ground/flight software
• Experience with orbital analysis and related software tools (e.g. STK) and addressing challenges posed to the systems by orbital debris
• Experience with system-level requirements analysis and system trade studies.
• Experience with modeling, simulation and analysis (MS&A) and developing mission MS&A tools and quantifying system performance metrics
Four (4) years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, mathematics, or a related field from a recognized institution is required. Education Preferred: It is desired for applicants to have practical experience with designing space missions as well as the professional systems engineering certifications from INCOSE or graduate level degrees.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.