Would you like to work in a collaborative environment? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. The company offers great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Raytheon!
We are a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view:
This position is located in Dulles, VA, State College, PA or Aurora, CO.
The Space Mission Enterprise Engineer (SMEE) position will lead a full life-cycle systems engineering approach to develop, deploy and operate space and ground systems. The SMEE will primarily coordinate a team of engineers and guide planning and design of small satellites through architecture development, requirements analysis, trade studies, and implementation of enterprise level solutions.
The specific skills required include strong management skills, analytical skills, space domain knowledge, and strong communication skills. The candidate should be an experienced Systems Engineer with a strong background in space systems. The candidate’s responsibilities will require interactions with a wide variety of personnel and technical backgrounds so strong communication skills are important.
This position requires the ability to have and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance. A current and/or active TS/SSBI is required.
• Eight (8) years in Systems Engineering or other engineering roles directly related to space mission design and development
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in satellite, ground, and/or communications systems development
• Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplined teams and ability to work effectively in a dynamic technical environment with customers
• Experience monitoring and managing project technical, cost, and schedule performance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel to other contractor and/or Government facilities to support duties
• Five (5) years of relevant experience in New Space (Space 2.0) end-to-end, space-to-ground enterprise development and operations and sustainment
• Experience defining the elements of a space mission, performing preliminary mission design, and developing operational concepts
• Experience developing and executing design verification activities for spacecraft, ground stations, and/or ground/flight software
• Experience developing and executing design verification activities across constellation segments, including spacecraft, ground stations, and ground/flight software
• Experience with orbital analysis and related software tools (e.g. STK) and addressing challenges posed to the systems by orbital debris
• Experience with modeling, simulation and analysis (MS&A) and developing mission MS&A tools and quantifying system performance metrics
• Experience issuing requests for proposal, evaluating proposals, and managing contracts with external vendors.
• Experience with orbit selection, design, and ability to conduct orbit trades
• Experience quantifying mission utility and analyzing figures of merit
• Experience with targeting, ground station pass analysis, constellation design, station keeping analysis, or collision avoidance
Eight (8) years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, mathematics, or a related field from a recognized institution is required. Applicants should have practical experience with designing space missions (concepts described within the Space Mission Analysis and Design, Third Edition). Education Preferred: A graduate level aerospace degree and INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional certification or higher are both desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.