Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Sr. Technical Advisor - Process
Job Number: 1075842
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Under broad direction, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments. Applies advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility such as a function or product. Job role contributes directly to value creation. Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years related experience, with average experience of 20
Lead team dedicated to translating process flow sheets into piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), calculating system hydraulics, and preparing equipment data sheets.
- Work closely with FCC technology process engineers to provide support throughout entire project life-cycle from bid development through delivery of completed designs.
- Participate as necessary in P&ID Reviews, as well as safety reviews (HAZID, HAZOP/ SIL) or other client-facing meetings where expertise may be required.
- Provides input and technical guidance to engineers designers working on the same project.
- Help prioritize design activities and coordinate with overall Technology needs.
BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree required.
years relevant experience in refining and related process design. Experience in Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) Technology preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Chemical Engineering disciplines
- Experience leading preparation of PFDs and P&IDs
- Proven ability to interact successfully with internal and external clients
- Proven ability to supervise, advise and mentor team members in areas of expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.