SAIC is hiring a Junior Cyber Security Analyst in Coronado, CA
Cyber Security & COMSEC Compliance Support
• Provide administrative support in the CNAP N64 Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM, and /or CNAP N64 Division Officer) tracking and reporting Cybersecurity compliance of CNAP HQ and subordinate commands; delivers guidance and awareness of security policies, standards and requirements in cross-functional project settings and through development and delivery of formal and informal information security training.
• Facilitates Command Indoctrination, and input Cyber information in the Plan of the Week.
• Develops information security risk and compliance processes, procedures and performance metrics based on DoD and Naval guidance; delivers regular and ad-hoc reports and briefings to senior management, and other audiences.
• Provide support of Command Cyber Readiness Inspection at HQ and Subordinated commands. (Approximately 30 data calls annually).
• Develops, maintains, and conducts annual review of Cybersecurity documentation related to security processes, systems, procedures and events. (Approximately 10-15 reviews annually).
• Performs IT Procurement Request (ITPR) reviews on COMNAVAIRPAC systems and subordinate commands to provide approval/disapproval recommendation to CNAP N64 Division Officer. (Approximately 50 reviews annually).
• Tracks and reports to CNAF ISSM, the compliance of Cybersecurity related annual training requirements for 125,000 COMNAVAIRPAC and subordinate command users until all are compliant.
• Tracks and consolidates monthly for CNAF ISSM, all Cybersecurity reporting requirements for 50+ COMNAVAIRPAC Information Systems within Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) or other required databases.
• Tracks and assists the CNAP N64 (ISSM/KOAM_EKMS Inspector) in coordinating COMNAVAIRPAC Cybersecurity and COMSEC inspections and Technical Assist Visits (TAVs). (Approximately 12 inspections conducted annually).
• Tracks and report monthly compliance of Cybersecurity Workforce certification and training requirements for 186 COMNAVAIRPAC’s subordinate commands using Total Workforce Management System (TWMS) or other required databases.
• Report commands out of compliance to the CNAF ISSM or N64 Cybersecurity Workforce Program Manager (CSWF-PM N64) upon discovery.
• Review NIPR and SIPR message traffic in order to track and report significant actions (ie TASKORDS, CYBER INCIDENT).
• Assist N64 in CNAP Command computer related cyber incidents.
• Provides RMF accreditation training to COMNAVAIRPAC HQ and subordinate commands to facilitate the creation and documentation of C&A packages within the Navy’s Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) and any other applicable databases.
• Assists users in creating required accounts for C&A websites and databases. (Provides training to Staff and subordinate commands as military rotation/turnover requires).
• Collaborates with other technical RMF accreditation leads, field services technicians, project managers and data center operations, and technical subject matter specialists to ensure CNAF ISSM is provided expertise in security design and implementation for COMNAVAIRPAC’s emerging IT requirements.
• H.S. Degree and 4 years of overall experience.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience providing information assurance support similar to functions described under this functional support area.
• Working knowledge and understanding of DoN Cybersecurity technical concepts and practices is ideal.
• An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 1 Certification is required to perform this function and is required up front OR must be able to obtain within 3 months of start date.
• Preferred: IAT Level 2 Certification, COMPTIA Security +
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to apply a methodology to projects that have well-defined requirements and deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability to perform security risk and compliance assessments in fast-paced technology environments.
• Overall computer proficiency including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
• Solid knowledge of Information Assurance policies and procedures is required to support COMNAVAIRPAC’s compliance with Computer Tasking Orders (CTOs), IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), IA Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and all higher directives.
• Solid knowledge of network security concepts and technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, IDS / IPS, proxy servers, access control systems and web application firewalls.
• Working knowledge of the Navy’s DADMS/DITPR-DON, eMASS and NAV-IDAS online system management and procurement tools.
• Experience developing information security policies and standards.
• Experience developing and managing reporting of security and risk performance metrics and reporting dashboards for executive and technical audiences.
• Strong understanding of DoD and DoN regulatory compliance drivers and requirements relevant to information security and data protection.
• Strong understanding of network, system, application and data protection standards, benchmarks, processes, applications, tools, and techniques.
• Understanding of enterprise, network, system/endpoint, application and data protection issues and security risks.
• Exceptional verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships and effectively communicate with senior management, project managers, and IT operations staff.