• Provide technical leadership for the operations of a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center (NOC).
• The position is responsible for overseeing the monitoring and operational support of several thousand virtual and physical network components and systems for health and performance issues.
• Acts as primary technical resource for the installation, operation and troubleshooting of switches, routers, firewalls, and remote access devices.
• Provides technical oversite of a team of Tier 2 engineers for all operational issues including network, server, and operating system issues for the enterprise infrastructure.
• Uses monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems; gauge performance and activity.
• Creates reports on up time, bandwidth usage, server utilization, and other key metrics.
• Monitors automated and end user incident and outage reporting, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
• Provide direct customer support when required.
• Strong belief in ownership, from identification, through resolution and validation of Operational issues.
• Follow defined escalation paths to ensure proper resolution.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification