Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Engineer, Enginering Project and Program Management in our Customer organization in Worcester, MA.
Provide technical expertise and oversight for the assessment and development of installation solutions for customer energy measures, facilities, programs and technologies in order for National Grid to support meeting its growth and energy efficiency goals. In this position you will research primary data sources and evaluate developments in electric and gas technologies in order to enable analysis of key themes and trends and to develop strategies for integrating cost effective energy efficient technologies into current projects.
- Conduct technical reviews and maintain systems and procedures to support the design of solutions that enhance National Grid's energy efficiency and load management programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the technical support team, account prospecting, inside and outsides sales, energy product and program management teams and external vendors in order to facilitate communications, integrate work and ensure the successful delivery of energy efficiency measures for customers.
- Coordinate internal and external resources assigned to perform technical assistance studies, commissioning analysis and reports in order to ensure timely availability information and data necessary to develop effective energy efficiency programs and services as well as all renewable type resources.
- Manage the day to day relationship with external vendors, contractors and consultants including interpretation and application of established contractual agreements and service level agreements to ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National Grid.
- Utilize established financial systems to track EE and O&M budgets in order to ensure the group meets its financial obligation to the company.
- Challenge existing policies, procedures and technologies and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to ensure the technical support team's delivery of highest quality customer service in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide technical guidance, support and coaching to others in order to share knowledge and increase understanding of National Grid's energy efficiency programs and services.
- Analyze and evaluate developments in electric and gas technologies from a wide range of data sources in order to identify how different scenarios may impact upon the business and to deliver strategies for integrating cost effective energy efficient technologies into current projects.
- Draw up technical requirement specifications to support senior management in defining energy efficiency and load management technology plans and strategies to enhance business performance.
- Oversee the work of internal and external resources in delivering complex and custom designed energy efficiency programs to ensure successful implementation and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Translate energy efficiency objectives into clearly defined business cases, costs or schedules in order to support achievement of the company's gas and electric energy efficiency goals.
- Bachelor's degree irequired n mechanical / electrical / chemical engineering, other related engineering disciplines.
- PE & CEM certification preferred. Requires 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with high performance green design practices and standards in the build environment.
- Prior work experience in performing building design reviews in existing facilities and working successfully with consulting engineers and contractors preferred.
- Understands the importance of procedures and standards of working and demonstrates the ability to give directions or demonstrations with clear reasons and rationales.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
- Understands and identifies training or developmental needs of others and has the ability to design and establish new programs of work to support them.
- Support and be part of a team environment.
- Be a coordinator for technical Energy Efficiency items that may arise with the National Grid customer base.
- Good knowledge of high performance green design practices and standards in the build environment with prior experience in performing building design reviews and working successfully with consulting engineers and contractors.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.