At Raytheon BBN Technologies we invent new science by applying radical cross-discipline techniques to tangible prototype systems to prove concept viability. This is especially evident in our Networking and Communications Technologies group, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where scientists and engineers anticipate the future in very large and very small scale information exchange across wired, wireless, and undersea environments.
We are seeking qualified and eager interns to become an integral part of this work. You will join a project team designing, analyzing, and prototyping innovative data networking architectures. You will contribute to creating new algorithms and paradigms in such diverse and critical areas as network infrastructure security, network understanding, energy conservation, content networking, mobility, efficient channel access, and networking within extremely harsh or hostile environments. You will learn strategies for both free-form thinking and disciplined application. You will hone your oral and written presentation skills. You will work with extraordinarily talented individuals, from project leadership to fellow interns.
• Student pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• Deep and driving curiosity
• Understanding of networking concepts and/or radio communications systems
• Experience in design, simulation, analysis, and/or implementation
• Experience programming in modern languages
• Available to work 40 hours per week, summer 2019
• Experience with programming languages such as C, C++, or MATLAB
• Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
• Experience with network simulation tools (ns2, ns3, or commercial tools)
• Experience with signal processing fundamentals
• Experience in a Linux environment
• Experience with embedded system development
• Ability to work in teams
• Excellent written and verbal communications
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 128804
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.