This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
The BBN Industrial Security Group in Cambridge, MA is seeking Security Support in order to remain in compliance with National Industrial Security Program and other federal requirements as they pertain to the administration and oversight of classified programs.
The responsibilities include:
• Provide NISPOM oversight and support and in some cases, day-to-day management for various assigned contracts at the Cambridge, MA location to ensure NISPOM compliance
• Document Control
• Personnel Security Clearance Functions: Process security clearance applications and conduct Annual Re-Justification Program, debrief employees no longer requiring access
• Classification Management for all collateral classified contracts to include drafting subcontracts and drafting security plans or briefings for specific contracts as required
• Visitor Control and processing of security clearances
• Physical security of Closed Areas
• Coordination with Alarm Monitoring station for management and performing administrative functions relating to alarms for Closed Areas, UL certifications and inspections
• Investigate and report security violations to Facility Security Officer and Defense Security Service
• Draft and Conduct Security Briefings, Training, Education & Awareness for general security education and contract specific requirements
• Conduct self-assessments of a variety of security disciplines in preparation for Defense Security Service Security Vulnerability Assessment
• General office administration
• Responsible for other administrative duties relating to classified contracts within the Industrial Security Group as they pertain to the support of Department of Defense and other federal agencies to include but not limited to: Receipt, generation and accountability of classified information, Destruction of classified information, Control of classified safes and secure rooms, Internal record audits, Combination Changes, Security Awareness, Review and retention of contract classification guidance
Maintenance and updates of the Security Information Management System (SIMS) database as it pertains to classified document control, Visit Authorization Letters.
Require Skills & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, or related degree. In certain circumstances relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree, but this is solely at the discretion of the hiring manager.
• US Citizenship is required. Applicant must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at the Secret level or be able to maintain a Secret clearance.
• Candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as good organization, the ability to multi-task and work well with all diverse teams of individuals.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• This candidate should be highly motivated and capable of working independently, while producing quality work within given deadlines.
• This position requires proficiency in common office software components (Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint) and basic office equipment (fax, copier).
• Knowledge of NISPOM.
• 2 years of Industrial Security experience is desired.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.