AEWRS Finance is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our dynamic team in El Segundo, CA, to support strategic classified program, within the Secure Sensor Solutions business. The successful candidate will be responsible for cost/schedule control and analysis, funding management, baseline preparation and budget creation, PPR support, variance analysis, and quarterly EAC preparation. This individual will also be asked to partner with the AEWRS FP&A team to support the 5 Year Plan, Annual Operating Plan, monthly forecasting process and other ad-hoc assignments. This role will develop financial strategies through critical thinking and problem solving, and suggest recommendations to an evolving organization that is providing next generation solutions.
The successful candidate must possess a solid understanding of EVMS as the position has external financial reporting requirements. This individual will also provide financial support for ongoing IRAD/Capital projects, which include, monthly financials, IRAD/Capital Request/Business Case, and Forecasting.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to partner with various functions and levels of the organization, therefore the successful candidate will possess strong presentation and communication skills.
This role will work directly with external customers, developing front-end of the business analysis and presentations and consequently, participating in negotiations. The successful candidate will need the skills of influence and persuasion to focus business results in a cost vs. benefit or risk vs. benefit framework.
- Direct participation in Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) responsibilities as it relates to bookings, sales, profit, and cash, including planning of and tracking to the annual operating plan and five year financial plan
- Support negotiation of cost reimbursable and fixed price contracts with fee arrangements that are a result of the Department of Defense’s Better Buying Power 3.0, including cost plus fixed fee, cost plus incentive fee, and/or fixed price/incentive fee.
- Analyze and review EAC and cost data, Risks and Opportunities, and variance explanations for all program labor and non-labor cost elements including Supply Chain and Operations
- Ability to drive change and influence beyond authority program and product line leadership, promoting financial recommendations and cost reduction opportunities to ensure program performance and customer satisfaction
- Understand AEWRS financial challenges and goals, and associated fiduciary responsibilities to the greater Raytheon enterprise to successfully promote financial analysis and recommendations
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Proficient with APEX and other related financial systems, SAP and BPS
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment with various functional disciplines, e.g., Contracts, Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Ability to shape discussions that require a fiduciary responsibility and an openness to generating optimum solutions and act as the voice of finance within regulatory boundaries
- Manufacturing and SCM process knowledge
- Good organizational skills in leading/coordinating/influencing personnel toward common finance goals by setting priorities and working to deadlines and commitments
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries for internal/external dissemination
- Proficient use of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel to customer and supplier sites
- Must be U.S. Citizen with Active DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Working knowledge of proposal preparation and ACES
- Proficient in the use of Raytheon financial systems, SAP, BPS, PMX, Edit Plus, ETC tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and 4 years of relevant work experience or a Master’s in Business Administration and 2 years of directly related work experience in providing financial analytics and business support for contract activities.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.