Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a leading provider of Space and GPS Navigational Systems. We provide customers the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide System Safety Whole Life Engineering support as part of the Whole Life Engineering SS & S3 Department. The Whole Life Engineering SS & S3 Department is made up of several disciplines that influence designs early in their life cycle and to provide sustainment support for fielded products with the ultimate goal of ensuring effective operation, reliability, maintainability, system safety and economical ownership by Raytheon, the customer and end user.
- Integrating System Safety and Testability into product designs
- Performing Reliability and Failure Root Cause analyses
- Managing FRACAS database of delivered units to include failure history, operational usage, and trends
- Coordination of the daily activities of Operations, Supply Chain, and Engineering in effecting repairs
- Coordination/communication with sub-contractors performing repair activities
- Generating Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, and System Safety work products
- A degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience, unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Familiarity with System Safety, including the generation of Hazard Analysis Reports
- Strong organization, problem solving, time management and communications skills; detailed oriented. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to effectively coordinate multiple resources, multitask in a fast paced environment, and work under limited supervision
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Able to acquire a security clearance
- Strong communication skills that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation
- Able to Identify, define and address problems that are not immediately evident but typically not complex
- Willing to learn other disciplines to expand breadth of knowledge
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Math, or Science 128782
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.