This position will have overall responsibility for the Material Verification and Test Operation. It is a fast paced and dynamic environment and will ensure all supplied parts meet contractual quality requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of received materials through inspection and disposition.
This role requires daily interaction with other cross- business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office.
Achieving/exceeding cost, quality, delivery, safety goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
Finally, the position manages and supports the deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering (or 8+ years with Master's Degree)
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation
- Direct experience with managing core Quality tasks (planning, control, and improvement)
- Prior Management experience
Required Education · BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job descriptionThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Strong leader that exhibits presence and influence
- Independent, self-motivated individual with demonstrated success in leading teams
- Strong employee development skills
- Experience in a production environment for entire product life cycle including emphasis on Supplier development and management and Quality planning
- Experience with operations, including resource planning.
- Experience with a represented workforce or union environment.
- Strong presentation skills and proven success in communications at all levels
- Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action experience
- General Statistical Process Control knowledge including implementation
- General knowledge of aerospace / defense products and systems technologies, regulations and standards
- Expertise in solving complex problems using 6 Sigma Methodologies and Lean principles and tools
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI and Mission Assurance Provisions
- Expertise in Preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, etc.
- Competence in computer skills: EXCEL, WORD, POWER POINT, PROJECT
- Six Sigma, Lean and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification (CQE, CQM/OE, CSQE, CQA, CRE, etc.)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.