Job Description: Fabricates, assembles and troubleshoots and test space optic and fiber optic developmental hardware for electro-optical mechanical systems, subsystems, units, control devices and associated test equipment.
Primary duties include:
- Works from preliminary design drawings, sketches, schematics, as well as oral and written instructions.
- Fabricate, assemble, troubleshoot and test electronic optical-mechanical development systems, sub-systems, units, control devices and associated test equipment as specified by engineers and Research and Development (R&D) Assistants.
- Fabricates, assembles, calibrates, troubleshoots, and tests standard and test equipment. Performs fiber splicing and connector attachment for all types of optical fiber using both hand and automated tooling.
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of standard and specialized opto-electronic, test equipment in conducting elaborate tests to determine the quality of electro-optical-mechanical equipment or multiple banks of inter-related electro-optical-mechanical equipment Diagnoses the cause of any malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments
- Records and reduces tests data as required
- May use hand and power tools and equipment as necessary to perform above duties.
- Performs rework and repair of the same nature and level of difficulty as described
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong team work experience
- Experience working from preliminary design drawings, sketches and schematics
- Experience fabricating, assembling, troubleshooting and testing electronic optical-mechanical development systems
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active security clearance
- High School diploma or equivalent.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.