This exciting Industrial Engineering site manager opportunity within Raytheon SAS Operations, will report to the SAS Industrial Engineering department manager, part of the Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization and Technology organization, will be located in Forest, MS. Roles and responsibilities include integration of IE team with site strategy and collaboratively coordinating new product introduction and Lean continuous improvement efforts across the site product lines. The manager will own the engagement and alignment through application of standard SAS IE work products including Delivery System Design, Factory Layout, Capacity Analysis, Lean 6S and Visual Factory, Labor Standard and Cycle Time planning factor development/maintenance, Operations performance Data Analysis, Simulation and Modeling, Front End of the Business efforts and Product Development Gate Inputs.
The Industrial Engineering team drives business and process improvements across multiple manufacturing and transactional value streams by designing, developing, and implementing solutions for integrated systems of people, materials, and equipment. The individual draws upon specialized knowledge and skills in mathematical, physical, and social sciences, together with the principles of engineering analysis design to specify predictive methods for evaluating results of a complex system.
The IE team leads continuous improvement initiatives which incorporate best practices in areas such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and theory of constraints to eliminate process variation and waste to enable increases in capacity, reduction in lead-time, improved process flow, and gains in efficiencies to reduce cost.
The successful candidate will have financial acumen and be capable of developing strong business cases for change, collaborate across functions, businesses and geographic regions to impact product and business affordability and efficiencies, leading challenging projects across the site as well as having an understanding of advanced manufacturing, automation, digital visualization and industry 4.0 smart factory.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
- Manages and mentors small team of Industrial Engineers to develop an effective team to produce cost reduction impacts to the business
- Reports team performance and conducts staff meetings to ensure coverage of engagements
- Manages site strategy to ensure upward growth of team
- Manages team interactions to support program proposal and existing production systems
- Develops recommendations for process improvements (including automation and Industry 4.0 solutions), and leads implementation of the solutions.
- Engages factory management to align IE work to customer needs and tracks team impacts
- Coordinates and mentors lean kaizen events with cross-functional teams on use of Lean principles & tools.
- Manages manufacturing simulation models and collects critical data to support capacity planning models for various volume fluctuation scenarios.
- Manages engagement cycles for IE’s per the company policy gating process
- Manages projects and provides cost/benefit analysis with trade-off studies for methods and productivity improvements.
- 8+ years progressive leadership in manufacturing, operations management and industrial engineering
- Experience leading cross functional continuous improvement team projects
- Experience managing financial budgets and cost impact reporting
- Experience managing small to mid-sized engineering teams
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, including comprehensive business case and project summaries to all levels of the organization from executives to manufacturing floor personnel
- Experience with Lean principles and implementation of Lean strategies
- Leadership experience, assembling, managing, and motivating effective teams
- Experience with Project and change management
- Raytheon Six Sigma™ Specialist Qualification or Six Sigma Green Belt Certification equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Must be self-motivated, have a bias for action, a sense of urgency, and quickly take personal responsibility to drive improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Transition to production, Manufacturing Readiness Assessments and/or experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience deploying automation systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Focus on system optimization and transformation through continuous improvement cycles
- Proficient in Process Simulations and capacity analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge in Automation/Industry 4.0: Smart Manufacturing
- Lean Facilitator experience with Value Stream Mapping and leading Kaizen events
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Experience in Discrete Process Simulation modeling
- Self-motivated change agent, has a bias for action and a sense of urgency, demonstrates accountability by holding self and others accountable to the team charter.
- Experience with digital manufacturing tools and techniques (Delmia, Process Simulate, NX or equivalent)
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition phases
- Earned Value Certification
BS degree from an ABET accredited school in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology Management or Systems EngineeringDesired Education:
Master’s Degree in Industrial & Management Systems Engineering 128049
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.