Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) senior functional analyst and systems engineer to provide system level requirements flow down, optics and detector subsystems requirement generation, hardware design development, EO/IR system performance analysis, and hands-on systems integration and test for the F35 EODAS airborne EO/IR sensor development and transition to production program. This position is responsible for directly working on teams developing, integrating, testing, and producing a new airborne, multi-mode, sensor system. The EO/IR analyst will be responsible for translating systems level requirements into hardware requirements, modeling system performance, supporting hardware design, providing software and processing requirements guidance, supporting system verification/validation testing, and interfacing with the customer to define system requirements and concepts of operation. The EO/IR analyst is expected to work within multi-disciplinary integrated product teams (IPTs) across the product line to ensure collaboration and efficiency in product development. The EO/IR analyst reports directly to the program SEIT Lead.
- Minimum of 8 years EO/IR sensing hardware design and/or systems engineering in a development and production organization.
- Experience with laboratory test, flight test, and qualification, of EO/IR sensing systems
- Experience leading derivation of component and product requirements from system level requirements
- Demonstrated successful participation on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of offsite testing
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills, experience interfacing with customer technical and program leadership personnel
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience with optical system performance measurement analysis
- Experience with production of EO/IR sensing systems and/or major subsystems
- Experience with mission system requirements and architecture development
- Experience with System Integrity compliant processing architectures and methods
- Experience with formal systems and/or software architecture methods
- Experience with involvement (or leading) of customer witnessed tests
- Experience analyzing airborne sensor requirements for development of qualification test plans.
- Experience with EO/IR laboratory and factory test systems development.
- Experience with small engineering team leadership.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Optics Focus), or Physics (Optics Focus)Desired Education:
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer Engineering 128784
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.