Are you looking for an opportunity to work in multiple phases of the software development lifecycle? We have an opportunity within the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts to work on our Patriot Test Support Software Team.
An opportunity exists within the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts with the Patriot Conduct of Fire Trainer (PCOFT) Software Development team. Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently developing Patriot training software in support of new system capabilities. Successful candidates will work with a team of software and systems engineers to develop and test these new capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern languages and computing platforms.
Job Description: Successful candidates will be an integral part of the Patriot PCOFT software team, and will be involved in development, integration, test and user support. The candidate shall be able to contribute to the entire software life cycle of Requirements, Design, Code, Unit Test, Integration and System Test. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. They shall work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. The job requires a well-disciplined engineer who is able to thrive in a dynamic environment and is able to work well in a team. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 (Software Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Sr Software Engineer I) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.Required skills:
- Convert software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code, and analysis of software defects
- Maintain, debug and fix problems with Patriot PCOFT applications
- Support generation of documentation to include: software design artifacts, requirements documentation and problem reports
- Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
- Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make Software/Systems improvement recommendations
- Support to integration and installation efforts, for which travel may be required
- Some off-hours activity software development and test facilities will be necessary
- Will work on all phases of Software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
- C/C++ and/or Java programming language skills
- Minimum of 2 years software development experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US government Secret Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- Proven experience with software development techniques and tools (e.g., Clearcase)
- Proven experience with C/C++ and/or Java software languages
- Proven experience with TCL/TK
- Proven experience with Linux Shell Scripting (Bash, TCSH, SH)
- Proven experience with software development on Red Hat Linux
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, resolve and track complex hardware/software interactions and problems and follow through to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to implement requirements from design through integration
- Demonstrated understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile and Scrum Development
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Better in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.