The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD), EO Products and Technology Department is currently searching for a mechanical engineer with design and analysis skills, with interest in performing detailed design using the CAD tool Creo (Pro/E), developing concepts and analysis, integration and test, and supporting transition to production efforts. Chosen team member will work with multi-discipline teams supporting military programs through the application of mechanical design tools in the development and production phases of optical sensor assemblies. Assignments may include mechanical design, mechanical analysis using FEA tools, factory production line support in the areas of assembly, integration, and test of uniquely complex, precision EO/IR hardware, supplier support, and providing solutions to a variety of EO problems of moderate scope and complexity. Candidate will work under limited supervision while exercising responsibility in meeting the technical, financial and schedule objectives of projects. As a Mechanical Engineer, decisions are data driven in nature and require preparing technical justification analysis reports as well as presenting to a variety of peer reviewers and engineering review boards.
U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Familiarity with 3D modeling CAD tools, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods, and knowledgeable in reading mechanical fabrication and assembly drawings
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong desire to learn and contribute in a team based environment
- Candidate is required to attain secret level clearance.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Cumulative GPA of 3.00 is desiredThis position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***Check us out on YouTube:
- Proficiency with Creo 3-D modeling CAD tools
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Experience with Matlab
- Industry related mechanical design and documentation experience
- Assembly, integration, test, and supplier-interface experience
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer software skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Active DoD issued security clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.