The Special Capabilities & Sensors (SCS) program family within Surveillance and Targeting Systems (STS) is the forefront and enabler of STS business growth. This position requires a highly skilled and competent program operations team member with advanced program start up and leadership skills to fully engage all functional organizations.
This individual is responsible for early development phases of EO/IR technology feeding Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems (MTS) products and programs. This position offers exposure to SAS’s broad manufacturing footprint, operations strategy, and engineering technology developments, and provides opportunities to quickly learn, create solutions, and make a positive impact on critical business needs. Early projects provide a unique opportunity to make a measurable impact and gain credibility, while developing business acumen in the defense industry.
We are a fast-paced, customer-responsive, and dynamic team. The program operations manager must ensure alignment with customers’ requirements as well as achieving internal business targets, financial goals, and ultimately supporting the long term business road map.
The selected individual will perform the following responsibilities:
- Serve as primary interface across all required Operations value streams
- Lead, drive and support Make/Buy/Where strategy and execution; utilize strong data analysis for decision making and project management skill-sets to ensure effective decisions
- Support design-for-manufacturing efforts by advancing product technology road mapping to identify gaps and request capital for production assembly, test equipment, and facilities
- Execution of Operations IPDS tasks from gate -1 through gate 11 (overall responsibility of development through transition to production)
- Active participation in business pursuit and capture, including Basis of Estimates (BOE) submittals leading to contract awards
- Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities and support EVMS for assigned programs
- Management and coordination of manufacturing resources to support program requirements
- Ensure operational risks are identified, contained, and managed throughout each phase of business pursuit and program execution
- Ensure Operations engagement in engineering development, design and test requirements verification, including the transition of design to production
- Lead multi-functional teams in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities with an emphasis on six sigma, lean practices and other analytical improvement methods and tools
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with program management, cross-functional program leadership, suppliers, customers and government representatives
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Flexibility and agility of working in an undefined development environment where processes and procedures may not always exist
- Experience with Raytheon processes such as IPDS, Common PDM, R6s, PRISM/Apex and VM
- Successful and proven development program experience and collaborating with multi-functional, cross sector teams on projects, working groups, and inter-business unit collaborative efforts
- Proven leadership in proposal generation and gate execution
- Experience with business and project management tools and procedures (e.g., IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, financial forecasts, and EAC)
- Earned Value (EVMS) experience, qualification and certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate program status, issues, and resolution plans across all major stakeholders including Raytheon senior management, customers, and major subcontractors
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain U.S. Secret Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- Active DoD Security clearance
- Knowledge of transition to manufacturing planning/scheduling concepts
- Direct related experience in operations, project engineering or project management on development and production programs with prior leadership skills in a team-based manufacturing environment
- Broad knowledge of business systems, engineering, manufacturing, and financial systems is required
- Experience with the implementation, management, planning, and engineering efforts associated with a manufacturing organization
- Experience with an MRP system and production planning tools is required
- Problem solving, Leadership, and ability to interface across all functions, Team building, basic computer skills (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Mathematics
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.