SAIC is hiring a LITES II Linux Systems Administrator in Hampton, VA
• Candidate will join a team providing System Administration support for NASA’s Hypersonic Aero Breathing Propulsion Branch (HAPB) program at NASA Langley Research Center.
• Position includes system administration and user support of Linux systems, disk storage systems, high performance clusters, and file servers; a majority of the work will be in a classified environment.
• Bach Degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR High School diploma with 9 or more years of relevant experience.
• Solid Linux/UNIX system administration experience using the command line
• Three plus years of experience with RHEL/CentOS
• Familiar with Linux YUM procedures
• Good understanding of disk storage systems (Hardware and software RAID)
• Good understanding of networking concepts
• Good understanding of Systems backups and restores
• Self-starter showing strong willingness and ability to learn new concepts and techniques
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
• Understanding of configuration of Linux systems within government environment
• Experience writing scripts in a UNIX environment – bash/k-shell/borne shell, etc.
• Exposure to backup administration using Bacula application
• Exposure to Atlassian tool suite
Active SECRET Clearance required