full-time employee contract
ManTech International, Inc. is seeking an entry level, part time, on-call Environmental Technician to support habitat restoration projects, primarily at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The Technician will work independently and under supervision of project leaders on a broad array of habitat restoration projects to remove non-native grasses, weeds, and trees, and manage irrigation systems. The Technician will be required to apply herbicide and use hand held power equipment, including chainsaws and brush cutters.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to hike long distances while carrying heavy backpack loads. The employee must regularly lift and/or move equipment and up to 100 pounds. The employee must also have experience driving trailered loads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Correctly mixes herbicides for application.
Safely applies herbicides with backpack sprayers, boom sprayers, etc.
Maintains accurate data on applicated acres.
Performs maintenance and calibration on application equipment.
Ensures the wearing of proper protection equipment.
Continues education for maintaining pesticide applicator license.
Performs maintenance on other equipment and fixed facilities.
• High School diploma and 4 years work experience, Associate’s Degree and 2 years experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
• Qualified Applicator Certificate (QAC) or Qualified Applicator License (QAL) preferred
• Ability to work with chainsaw and other power equipment safely and effectively.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Ability to read field maps.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
Clearance: None required.