Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer. RMS is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies to meet a large variety of demanding mission requirements. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains advanced electrical subsystems. These enable target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication in extreme battle-field environments. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems’ design, test, and production.
The Electronics Product Development and Prototyping Department (EPDP), a part of ESD, is currently searching for a Lab Lead who will report to the Section Head team within EPDP. This position works closely with all levels of leadership in multiple organizations including VP’s, Program Managers, Product Line Operation Managers, Subject Matter Experts’(SME), Responsible Engineering Authorities’(REA), Integrated Production Team (IPT) Leads, and Chief Engineers. As a member of the EPDP Department, this position will lead and manage the implementation of key Engineering Lab Council strategic projects and day-to-day operational requirements within multiple Engineering Labs, with particular focus on compliance and support.
The ideal candidate will be creative and innovative, possessing strong organizational skills and bring an extensive level of experience with and knowledge of RMS processes and tools. In this position, the Lab Lead must be able to collaborate with customers, employees, and senior leaders when implementing communications and collaboration processes and structures. Candidates should have a high situational awareness, strong emotional intelligence, and be able to effectively work multiple projects simultaneously with diverse groups and customers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lab Operating Procedure (LOP) Management; provide direction for lab users on established policies.
- Lead audit/assessment preparation and support while assuring alignment with policies and documentation.
- Coordinate/perform cost analysis; lab procurement process, identify risk and opportunity while meeting government regulations.
- Provide process support to Supply Chain Management (SCM);
- Assist in developing long-range objectives and strategic plans for their functional department and directive to include program goals.
- Responsible for security guidelines in the safeguarding of classified/proprietary material, hardware and documentation.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a customer focused role in support of functional management and program leadership within a professional organization – all while offering a wide breadth of knowledge in regards to maintaining compliance. The candidate will have proven leadership skills, including willingness to make decisions and embrace change with a background in RMS/Raytheon operational and engineering processes.
- A minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in related field.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with metrology, chemical handling, and property control requirements and processes.
- Demonstrated user skills with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience interfacing directly with customers in a cross-functional environment.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of their process area and to continually focus on improving processes and efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience working in a challenging, fast-paced, team environment.
- Effective professional written/oral communication and interpersonal relations skills
- Strong analytical skills and report development abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication and teambuilding – must be able to build positive relationships with our internal customers throughout Raytheon.
- Ability to work independently.
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree: Business Administration, or related degreeThis position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at: Check us out on YouTube
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.