The SAS Communications Mechanical Systems Department is currently seeking a motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer experienced in hardware design and analysis. This position will primarily support design, development, and production focused around communication equipment and will be located in Marlborough, MA.
The successful candidate will perform conceptual and detailed Mechanical design, analysis and documentation of hardware and systems under minimal supervision while collaborating and interfacing with other mechanical engineers, designers, structural / thermal analysts, engineers from other disciplines as well as with line and program management and Customers. Duties will regularly include, (but are not limited to):
- Design, documentation, and implementation of mechanical hardware for subsystem design.
- Solve complex technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity while applying sound technical judgement.
- Conduct thermal and structural analysis utilizing hand calculations and industry standard tools.
- Conduct and participate in internal and external peer reviews.
- Provide support to testing, subcontractors, and the factory.
- Ensure the consistent application of engineering best practice and conduct activities to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's processes.
- Executing as part of a small team during product development, drawing generation, drawing release, and drawing change incorporation.
- Actively work with Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Customers to develop and manage objectives and requirements for related pursuits and projects.
- Manage to cost and schedule requirements of assigned tasks.
- The ideal candidate should possess all of our Required Skills, and one or more of the Desired Skills.
- At least 4+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design, analysis, or manufacturing.
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering knowledge to solve complex design problems.
- Ability to interact productively with other team members across various disciplines, including systems engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, program management, and customers.
- Experience in circuit card design and development including thermal analysis and structural analysis, (both component and board level)
- Experience with thermal analysis tools (FloTHERM and/or ANSYS Icepak).
- Proficiency with 3D CAD modeling and drawing, (PTC Creo).
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Excellent Interpersonal and Multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), and be able to communicate effectively.
- Experience performing work to meet cost and schedule constraints.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience in design and development of multi-layer digital and RF Circuit Card Assemblies (conduction and convection cooled).
- Experience in cooling techniques for circuit cards and chassis.
- Experience in a product data management environment (PTC Windchill)
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma (R6Sigma) specialist.
- Working knowledge and experience performing structural analysis on circuit card assemblies and chassis assemblies using ANSYS.
- Working knowledge of military and commercial design, materials, and process specifications
- Able to identify and communicate technical issues and risks that may impact cost, schedule, or other aspects of product design
- EVMS Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system.
Bachelors of Science (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.Desired Education
Masters of Science (MS) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.