The Space Airborne Systems (SAS) Competitive Intelligence / Strategic Price to Win Manager (CI/PTW Manager) is accountable for performing primary/secondary research on SAS markets and competitors and the development of market based Price-to-Win analysis on strategic captures.
The Competitive Intelligence Manager must synthesize information to develop comprehensive Competitive Intelligence analysis that provides Campaign and pursuit level recommendations, including competitive bid pricing that increases the probability of winning new business. The person must have the ability to add structure to ambiguous/complex problems and synthesize large amounts of competitive and customer data into clearly articulated strategic recommendations concerning SAS captures. The CI/PTW Manager will partner with SAS Capture Managers to develop and execute plans for strategic captures.
This position requires a strong ability to apply creative initiative in CI/PTW analysis, tools, methodologies, and practices. A thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, manufacturing processes, and engineering is important in order to be able to recognize or effectively challenge the veracity of estimates from diverse functional contributors. A strong background in proposal management and development, cost and technical volume writing, BOEs, and reading / writing / responding to RFIs and RFPs is essential. This position requires extensive experience in supporting PTW, CI, and Strategy for diverse product portfolios.
As the CI/ PTW Manager you will interact with Business Development Executives, Product Line Directors, and Capture Managers. You will be performing CI/PTW assessments on opportunities ranging from $25M to over $1B. The person will ensure the broader utility and application of CI on future captures with similar customer, competitor, or technology by appropriately indexing all relevant information. The CI/PTW Manager must have strong leadership skills, the ability to manage diverse cross functional teams, and the ability to cultivate, develop, and institute best practices across the enterprise.
- Cultivate, develop, and institute best CI/PTW practices across the enterprise
- Source, analyze, and synthesize data and intelligence into actionable information
- Ensure the broader utility and application of CI/PTW on SAS strategic initiatives and future captures
- Maintain CI/PTW databases, processes, and tools by appropriately cataloging customer, competitor, technology, and pricing information
- Define and implement leading edge CI/PTW practices within SAS, including advanced analytics techniques
- Partner with Capture Managers to develop independent CI/PTW assessments for SAS Pursuits
- Gain concurrence with capture team while maintaining independence.
- Employ a variety of PTW methodologies to develop estimates of competitor offerings using cost and statistical modeling tools to effectively capture key information
- Utilize competitive intelligence to develop bid strategy recommendations
- Establish an experience based track record of competitor bid behavior to enable adequate evaluation of competitor bid approaches on major pursuits
- Brief Pursuit, Mission Area, and Business Senior Leadership on CI/PTW bid strategy recommendations
- Leverages and maintains extensive internal and external network to identify new competitive intelligence
- Review PTW analyses from other business units, and manage consultants by maintaining Statements of Work and reviewing PTW analyses products.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years prior work experience in business development/front end of the business related roles
- Develops and articulates PTW, price strategy, risk mitigation, and competitive landscape with executive leadership and provides sound recommendations for capture teams
- Strong presentation skills and executive influencing
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Ability to comfortably lead consultative sessions and out briefs with senior leadership
- Strong knowledge of acquisition process for U.S. DOD, Foreign Military Sale, and Direct Commercial Sale proposals
- Able to work collaboratively across organizations to resolve problems and achieve results under extreme time pressures and in very visible and impactful circumstances
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task
- Must be willing to travel
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills that mobilize teams to work well together and persevere in a demanding and stressful environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearances as needed
- A proven track record of leading Competitive Intelligence / Price to Win efforts for captures larger than $100M
- Strong familiarity with Raytheon’s major competitors along with demonstrated competitive wins, and with associated competitor/industry knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of the Raytheon proposal processes and procedures
- Experience with parametric cost modeling tools, such as SEER and PRICE.
- Experience with Crystal Ball or @Risk.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Finance or Business Related Degrees
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Masters in Business Administration
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.