The Tactical Communications Systems Department within the Space and Airborne Systems Center is the primary source of Tactical Networking solutions to the USAF, US Army, and international customers. This team, based in Fullerton, California, is responsible for the Architecture, Specification, Development and Analysis of Mission Critical communications equipment for multiple platform types. Some aspects of this work are classified.
The System Engineering group’s activities include; 1) architecture and requirements development, 2) performing analyses of signals in space, receivers, transmitters, and processing elements, 3) developing simulations and analyzing the performance/impact of fielded equipment, 4) managing the technical baseline and 5) ensuring all requirements are met. The site supports a variety of communications systems programs including SATCOM, line-of-sight (LOS), beyond line-of sight (BLOS) and MANET networking for ground based, shipboard, and airborne platforms.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer level Section Manager. This position is responsible for providing supervision, technical leadership, and direction to the system engineers in the section.
The engineers being managed are responsible for integrating, testing, and qualification of Tactical Networks products, systems, and services. The product area is military grade airborne communications and data links. This is a supervisory role with focus on leadership, technical expertise, and performance. Goals and objectives are set long term. This position holds the responsibility for developing the specific course of action for meeting those goals.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in product development, specifically in the specification and realization of complex electronic military hardware and software.
- Complete understanding of integrating and testing hardware and software for radio, radar, or secondary radar systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills; as well as mentoring and facilitation skills in dealing with management and technical staff.
- Proven experience in supervising highly technical employees.
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities, able to drive efforts to closure; able to effectively manage/coordinate multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development, and risk and opportunity management.
- Experience in proposal development, particularly Engineering Change Proposal and Basis of Estimate development, and other contract deliverable artifacts.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- Must be a U.S. Citizen Able to pass/maintain DoD Secret Clearance within one year of accepting Offer. (Active Secret is preferred).
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Knowledge or experience with military networks.
- Working knowledge of UHF communication systems or products.
- Experience in using System Engineering Tools (DOORS, Rhapsody, Simulink, Matlab).
- Working experience with Information Assurance.
- Working experience with the development of Military equipment.
- Past experience with production and sustainment programs.
- Past experience with EVMS, IMS, & IMP tools for managing programs.
- Strong team building, leadership and motivational skills.
- Knowledge of Raytheon IPDS and Raytheon gating process.
- Active Secret Clearance.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related science.Desired Education:
Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related science. 128809
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.