Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking a motivated and capable embedded software engineer with a track record of successfully developing product line software to join the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in McKinney, Texas. The successful candidate will support of the Multi-Function RF Systems (MFRFS) program, providing support to the soldier by warning of incoming threats as well as providing point of origin and point of impact information about threats. The successful candidate will be integrated into a software team performing software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, and debugging real-time software applications, as well as supporting problem resolution, software integration, and verification efforts. The real-time software applications are developed using the C++ language executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux and VxWorks operating systems. The successful candidate will have experience in requirements development, design, documentation, implementation, and integration of real-time embedded systems.
This position includes supporting existing and new military programs. This role will include supporting customer demonstrations and software/systems integration and testing-related travel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop real-time embedded software in C++
- Develop User Interfaces for Setup and Control of the Radar
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Apply investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess and resolve issues
- Contribute to the development of software requirements
- Contribute significantly to all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Integrate software on the target system
- 6+ years of experience developing software utilizing C/C++
- Experience with the design, code, test and integrate (DCTI) phases of the software development life cycle
- Experience with embedded real-time development
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with Red Hat Linux
- Experience with Linux GUI development such as Qt or GTK+
- Experience with Eclipse, GCC, Visual C++
- Hardware/software integration experience
- Experience in a product line environment
- Experience developing software for a processor core within an Altera FPGA
- Experience with software requirements development
What’s YOUR Mission?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in technical major (Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, etc.) from an accredited University.
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at Stay Connected
: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.