Empowering a global business. Providing affordable solutions. Delivering competitive discriminators by unleashing deep expertise. These are just some of the many ways the Information Technology team at Raytheon Missile Systems creates success for our customers. Joining our Program Execution team will allow you to partner with Missile Systems' organizations to enable business growth, speed, and agility through business innovation, technical proficiency, and operational excellence.
Be Remarkable with Raytheon.
This position will be available at either the G06 Information Systems Technologist I or G07 Information Systems Technologist II level based on experience and skills.
This position will report into the Information Technology Systems Engineering Solutions department, which is responsible for providing IT solutions to all Software and Systems Engineering related disciplines within RMS. The Information Technologist I-II will have primary duties in the support of various Software Engineering applications, which includes installation support, licensing administration, software maintenance, automation scripting, general application troubleshooting, and documentation. This individual will work across IT and Engineering functions to ensure the applications meet IT security and infrastructure standards, and that the delivered software meets the requirements of the Engineering community. The selected individual should be a self-starter with the ability to identify, plan and implement application automation, and support requirements to continuously simplify and improve the supported Engineering software. Depending on the skills, experience and background of the candidate, this position will be available at either the G06 or G07 level.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills:
- Partner with Engineering to provide the delivery and technical support of Software and Systems Engineering based software applications with disciplines in software architecture, configuration management, design, analysis, requirements management, mathematical and technical computing.
- Assist with application deployment, problem resolution, integration, customization, and training
- Develop and deploy automation and technical solutions with a focus on the installation and configuration of engineering application software
- Collaborate with counterparts at other Raytheon businesses to help develop new enterprise solutions, and leverage the value of existing shared solutions
- Provide technical guidance to management on engineering automation solutions and application selection
- Support enterprise and business initiatives that may include tool trade studies, tool and integration evaluation, environment deployment, support, and training
- BS with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or IT related field
- Demonstrated experience in testing, troubleshooting, deployment and support of software applications
- Passion and tenacity for solving challenging technical problems, and a desire to help others
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization, within a team environment and individually
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate complex technical concepts in terms that can be understood by multiple audiences
- Linux and/or Windows system administration proficiency with the following Operating Systems: RHEL 6/7, Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012/2016
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance. US Citizen Status is required as this this positon will need a US Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Highly Desired Skills:
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Working knowledge of Engineering software such as MATLAB, DOORS, Jenkins, Klocwork, Team Foundation Server and IBM Rational tools
- Automation or DevOps experience using one or more of the following technologies: Batch, AutoIt, Bash, PERL, Python, Java, Docker, Rundeck, Chef, etc
- Knowledge of software development and/or software configuration management processes
- Experience working with virtualization technology such as VMWare, Hyper-V, or VirtualBox
- Computer networking proficiency
- Experience implementing new tools and processes in a business environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.