KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM LEAD – NICET III WATER BASED TECHNICIAN
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and tests electrical devices, electronics alarm components, and industrial control electrical and mechanical sensors.
- Tests and maintains radio alarm transmitters for daily automatic test signals, receiver processor consoles, signal recording devices, initiating and signaling circuits, water flow, detectors, coded and non-coded manual pull stations, and thermal and ionization detection, actuating and indicating devices.
- Performs manual and automatic actuation of gaseous extinguishing agent for halogenated gas and carbon dioxide systems; tests hose reels or flooding systems; and dry chemical expellant gas and foam concentrate systems.
- Conduct flow tests of fire suppression systems such as electric motor drive and diesel engine driven, sprinkler systems tested include wet pipe, pre-action, deluge type, fire hydrant standpipe, and other associated fire protection equipment.
- Prepares reports, forms, requisitions for parts, and maintenance schedules as required.
- Performs in house quality control inspections of completed jobs and initiates corrective/preventive actions.
- Supervises the following:
- Performs preventive maintenance, inspection and lubrication services to equipment and machinery in accordance with published schedules and instructions.
- Performs testing, operation and maintenance of all automatic fire protection / fire suppression systems including pumps, controls, and annunciation based on maintenance manual procedures.
- Corrects deficiencies found. Records services performed and conditions found on service card or work order forms.
- Repairs and maintains equipment and machinery, using maintenance procedures and technical manuals for guidance.
- Identifies worn and or failed parts: orders and replaces.
- Reassembles unit; installs necessary seals and gaskets.
- Ensures assembly is within specified tolerance.
- Repaints components as required.
- Wears applicable P.P.E. at all times. Promote safety awareness in the shop.
- Performs other duties as required.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language at a high level of competency.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Technician shall be certified with National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology (NICET) Level III in Inspection and Testing of Water-based Systems and in Special Hazard Suppression Systems
- Formal training in supervision is preferred.
- High school or Technical school graduate required.
- Engineering Graduate or equivalent is preferred.
- Five years minimum total experience in Fire Protection and Suppression System.
- Three Years supervisory experience.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Job: Fire Protection
Primary Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Req ID: 1075969