GCCS-J/AIDE Tier I Systems Administrator (Job Number:442296)
- Tier 1 Administrator will participate as a member of integrated government/contractor team of technical and functional experts in the conduct of Global Command and Command System – Joint (GCCS-J) and Automated Information Discovery Environment (AIDE) administration; software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services supporting U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) GCCS/AIDE services.
General duties will include:
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, and tune system performance.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of GCCS-J which includes the suite of applications; Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, Time Server, Agile Client, Joint Targeting Toolbox (JTT) and Joint Range Extender (JRE).
- Support infrastructures in a mixed Windows/UNIX environment and Red Hat Linux.
- Modify and maintain UNIX/Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
- Implement and maintain Window desktops, ICEBREAKER and THOR kits.
- Analyze system faults, troubleshoot and run diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Perform systems administration, software application support, configuration management support, and IT support services to Headquarters USCENTCOM, and their components for the support of AIDE applications to include: CONOPS, Target Library, Intel Confidence Tracking Tool, CEREBRO, ARES, Video Exploitation and Recording System, ISR Tool Kit, Cypher and Technical Information Reporting System.
Travel and Shift Requirements
- This is a shift work position to support 24/7 GCCS/AIDE operations; Nights, weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able and willing to work up to 12 hour shifts, as-needed.
- Candidate must also be available for and willing to travel, including international deployment to austere environments up to 15% annually and for durations of up to one-month at a time.
- A valid U.S. passport and compliance with all USCENTCOM deployment regulations for immunization and travel are required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Active Top Secret Clearance required. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- All candidates must possess 2+ years' experience with Linux/Unix servers, Solaris 8 and 10 operating systems and GCCS-J.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification required for DoD 8570 compliance
- Military or civilian experience with GCCS/AIDE.
- Windows Operating System and Servers
Desired Education and Skills:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) certification
- Oracle Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification desired
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2018, 1:27:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-FL-TAMPA