The Application Hosting Technical Lead will provide efficient and effective operations support of all software applications as necessary to meet or exceed user's operational availability and performance requirements. Leading a team the Application Hosting Technical Lead performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
• Experience in both Windows and Linux based-applications.
• Experience with COTS/GOTs applications.
• Experience with VMware virtual and physical servers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to translate technical terms to business users.
• Ability to lead effective meetings in both, in-person and virtual collaborative environments.
• Experience with managing IT projects in any of the following areas: Network Infrastructure; Cyber Security; High Performance Computing; Database Systems; Server and Workstation Development; Enterprise Data Storage and Platforms. Experience with managing projects in the Federal Government environment, utilizing Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC), Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), and Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) requirements.
• Advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Technical Field
• Experience with directly supervising staff.
• ITIL, PMP or Agile certifications
• Five plus years of experience in a healthcare Environment
Security Clearance: Must be able to meet Public Trust level 5 requirements.