The Test Systems Solutions Center (TSSC) applies a systems approach to provide total test solutions that ensure the quality of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) products. The TSSC uses common platforms and processes to design/develop production, depot and engineering test stations. Opportunities include:
The Test Systems Solutions Center (TSSC) NTx section is responsible for the design and development of test equipment hardware and software to support a wide range of products and customers. The NTx team, part of Raytheon Missile Systems, is a small, yet highly motivated team who consistently provides quality, on-time solutions supporting program-centric external and internal customers seeking innovative and economical solutions for their product lines.
- Domestic and international travel
- Innovative rapid prototyping
- Supporting live-fire testing of our products
- Designing, developing or using commercial software for simulation and test equipment environments
- Designing, developing or integrating methods and equipment to effectively test systems.
The TSSC NTx section is currently seeking an experienced electrical engineer to join our team. Primary responsibility will be to develop test software to exercise and analyze deliverable product. Other responsibilities are to support conceptual and detailed design of test positions and test adapters; and also integration and post-delivery support of that equipment. Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and the TSSC One-page Process) while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Candidate must be able to support cradle to grave efforts including proposal generation, conceptual modeling, detailed design and integration activities.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- A minimum of 6 years professional electrical engineering design experience is required (circuit design, analysis, and test).
- Must have:
- experience with developing and implementing programming languages
- familiarity with common electrical engineering tools for schematic capture and simulation (e.g. Orcad, PSpice, Mentor Graphics, Workbench, Multisim, Altium)
- experience utilizing integrated development environments and debugging tools to troubleshoot software
- a working knowledge of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- the ability and willingness to utilize existing designs as a starting point to interface with new units under test (UUTs) and UUT configurations when necessary
- experience with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- experience with commonly used test equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, Power Meters, etc)
- experience performing analog, digital, and/or RF design.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage workload to meet assigned deadlines
- The candidate must have the ability to provide technical leadership in a multidiscipline team environment.
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- Self-starter and able to manage workload to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead single- or multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Bid and proposal experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with:
- automated test equipment development
- mass interconnect solutions commonly used in test environments (VPC, Mac-Panel, etc)
- common industry-standard digital interfaces and protocols (TTL, RS422, CAN BUS, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, etc).
- modular hardware architectures commonly used for automated test (PCI, PXI, VXI, LXI, etc).
- computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques.
- the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces.
- developing automated test systems for factory test production
- NI LabWindows/CVI, NI LabView, NI TestStand, C, C++, C# or related Visual Studio programming languages
- developing requirements for software products
- using model based design and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to visualize software architecture and design. Familiarity with IBM Rhapsody or Cameo Enterprise Architecture is preferred
- prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment, developing solutions under only general direction, and demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills.
- and knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles, environments and tools.
Checkus out on YouTube:
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
The Five Most Powerful Missiles Made byRaytheon
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
TheDefenseIndustrialSecurityClearanceOffice(DISCO), an agencyoftheDepartmentofDefense,handlesandadjudicatesthesecurityclearanceprocess.Securityclearancefactorsinclude, but arenotlimitedto,allegiancetotheUS,foreigninfluence,foreignpreference,criminalconduct,securityviolationsanddruginvolvement.Employment is contingentonotherfactors,including, but notlimited to, backgroundchecksanddrugscreens.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.