Are you a highly independent person?
Do you have a knack for knowing what’s important?
Do you actively seek out problems to solve?
If your answer to those questions is an enthusiastic “yes!” then you may be the person we’re looking for to join our innovative team as a Telemetry (TM) and Flight Termination Subsystems (FTS) Engineer. The RF and Navigation Subsystems Department at Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is seeking an engineer to provide TM and FTS expertise to sustain, extend and grow new business. Learn more below and apply today!
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Architect and Design airborne telemetry (and related flight safety) systems
- Serve as “Responsible Engineering Authority” (REA) and Lead Architect for major design efforts involving multiple engineers across multiple disciplines. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements.
- Act as the lead designer on complex or challenging technical problems
- Lead team of engineers through product development
- Generate cost and schedule information
- Charter Mission planning and scope of testing required
- Compose objective, quantifiable trade studies to guide critical architectural decisions affecting the performance of other systems and subsystems
- Create analytical models which prove compliance to performance specifications
- Develop requirements, write supplier statements of work, and direct supplier development and validation of product designs.
- Design vehicle interfaces and electrical interface controls documents to allow integration of vendor-supplied and locally-designed subsystems.
- Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff.
- Liaison between various internal organizations at staff levels above your pay grade, including but not limited to: program managers, product line chief engineers, executive engineering staff
Note: This position is a Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in electronics design with emphasis on digital and analog design and analysis.
- Experience working with subcontractors (suppliers)
- Experience working with communications systems such as telemetry
- Electronics laboratory diagnosis and testing skillsExperience creating and giving complex technical presentations to executive leadership and customers
Desired Skills, and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, subordinates, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Ability to independently solve complex problems and implement solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to design using microcontrollers, FPGA’s, and digital interfaces
- Familiar with system grounding schemes and resolving ground reference issues.
- Power supply design experience
- Experience in detailed printed wiring board layout
- Digitally implemented power supply experience
- Telemetry experience
- RF and Radar knowledge
- Flight Termination System experience
B./B.A. in Engineering M hematics; and 8 years of experience,
MS/MA Engineering or Math and 6 years of experience or
PhD in Engineering or Mathematics and 4 years experience
U.S. Citizenship required
This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of any clearances and/or accesses necessary for the position. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.