Raytheon is seeking a System Administrator with strong Linux administration background to join our team in developing and maintaining systems in a classified environment.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
- 4 years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Experience administering Red Hat Linux based systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, packaging (RPM), performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
- Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
- Experience with planning, deployment, installation and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations over multiple geographic sites
- NAS and SAN administration experienced is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be able to travel 20% for installation support
- Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
- Required to provide pager (on-call) support
- Must have an active CompTIA Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification or willing to acquire one on your own within 3 months of your start date.
- Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience administering Windows based systems
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
- Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
- Familiar with version control systems such as git, IBM Rational Team Concert, etc.
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Linux and Windows integration tools (Centrify, Samba, etc.)
- Installation and management of fiber channel switches
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR 12 years of experience in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.