Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make decisions, and generate ideas that will push products above and beyond? Our Team has a need for a Development System engineer to guide and oversee the design, build, test, and delivery of advanced high-capacity systems that process modern communications for the US intelligence community.
We are currently seeking Systems Engineers with experience in system development to support multiple programs. The candidate will work with other experienced members in R&D on system development and deployments for the protection of our country. The candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment. The successful candidate will generate briefings and present material to team members, customers, and Raytheon management as necessary.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering including experience with design, development and testing of custom hardware and software systems of high complexity
- Experience interacting with development teams to resolve discrepancies and issues
- Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving problems in all phases of the system lifecycle
- Experience with Systems Integration, test execution, and test results documentation
- Experience problem solving and debugging
- Experience recognizing areas of improvement or customer needs and relaying them to senior staff as business development possibilities
- Experience working with customers, end users, hardware design teams, and software design teams
- Ability to work weekends and nights periodically to support integration and testing efforts
- Existing Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance (or Active within the last 24 months)
Required Education (including major):
- Experience with RF, Optics, or Telecommunications standards and processing techniques
- Experience with Design, Development, Integration and Test of complex Communication systems
- Experience developing high speed processing hardware or complex control software
- Experience developing training courses and training others
- Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and signal processing fundamentals.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Bash
- Experience generating of test scripts to automate integration
- Experience in scoping
- Experience formalizing, developing and writing requirements, plans, and procedures based on customer discussions, briefings, interactions, and statements of work.
- Experience developing system level designs, high level control and data interfaces
- Experience with bid and proposal activities related to system development
- Existing Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with Poly (or Active within the last 24 months)
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience.Desired Education (including major):
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.