Have you ever asked yourself why do we test our products? How much should we test our products? How much testing is enough? How to make test more affordable? Where is the most appropriate place to test our products? If you would like to be part of those decisions, then the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is the place for you.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Advanced Test Operations & Environments (ATO&E) Department has the direct responsibility for the compliance of engineering labs doctrine, environmental test, inert measurement vehicles, and flight operations for manned and unmanned vehicles.
This position is for a Lab Lead, with reporting responsibilities to a Section Head with Advanced Test Environments & Operations (ATO&E) Department. This position works closely with all levels of Leadership in multiple organizations including VP’s, Program Managers, Product Line Operation Managers, Subject Matter Experts’(SME), Responsible Engineering Authorities’(REA), Integrated Production Team (IPT) Leads, and Chief Engineers. As a member of the ATO&E Department, this position will lead and manage the implementation of key Engineering Lab Council strategic projects and day-to-day operation requirements within multiple Engineering Labs, with particular focus on compliance and improvement efforts.
Candidate will be creative and innovative, possessing strong organizational, coordination, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills. In the position, the Lab Lead must be able to collaborate with customers, employees, and senior leaders when implementing process and procedural changes. Candidates should have a high situational awareness, strong emotional intelligence, and be able to effectively work multiple projects simultaneously with diverse groups and customers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lab Operating Procedure (LOP) Management; provide direction for lab users on established policies.
- Management, coordination and implementation of Environment Health Safety and Sustainment (EHSS) programs/projects.
- Property & Metrology Management; ensure task completion within approved budget.
- SME for compliance of critical lift and moves.
- Coordinate/perform cost analysis; lab procurement process, identify risk and opportunity meeting government regulations.
- Provide process support to Supply Chain Management (SCM); provide requirements and obligations of utilizing defense material/property under Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Federal Acquisition Regulation/Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement (FAR/DFARS), contractual and business requirements.
- Lead audit/assessment preparation and support; Quality & Mission Assurance Product and Process Verification audits, Defense Contract Management Agency audits, Foreign Object Elimination and Dangerous Goods, AS9100, Engineering Lab Objective Evaluation and Voluntary Protection Program; develop corrective action plans.
- Assist developing long-range objectives and strategic plans for their functional department and directive to include program goals.
- Responsible for safeguarding of classified/proprietary material, hardware and documentation.
- Prepares written guidance (Standard Operating Procedure – Closed Area) detailing specific activities to comply with National Industry Security Security Operating Manual/Joint Air Force-Army-Navy(NISPOM/JAFAN).
- Develop and implement communication plans; providing consulting support to functional and program management.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience working and/or supporting functional management and program leadership within a professional organization and have a breadth of knowledge in regards to maintaining compliance. The candidate will have proven leadership skills, including willingness to make decisions and embrace change with a background in audit/assessment preparation and support experience
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- A minimum of two years related professional experience in related field. This is a position for experienced professionals. If you have completed your degree within the last 18 months please apply to RMS college jobs under
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience understanding of EHS&S (safety) processes
- Experience understanding of compliance processes
- Experience interfacing directly with customers in an engineering environment
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of their process area and to continually focus on improving processes and efficiency
- Demonstrated experience working in a challenging, fast-paced, team environment.
- Effective professional written/oral communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- EHSS expertise
- NISPOM & JFAN expertise
- Foreign Object Elimination expertise
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Strong analytical skills and report development abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and teambuilding – must be able to build positive relationships with our internal customers throughout Raytheon.
- Ability to work independently
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business Administration, or related degree.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.