Have you ever asked yourself why do we test our products? How much should we test our products? How much testing is enough? How to make test more affordable? Where is the most appropriate place to test our products? If you would like to be part of those decisions, then the Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC) is the place for you.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, is comprised of five departments and an engineering population of approximately 450+ employees, and produces over $300M+/year of delivered products. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Test Systems Engineering (TSE) Department has the responsibility to develop test strategies and provide test solutions for the customer's entire product life cycle, including developing, integrating, and executing test strategies and solutions to guarantee product performance, producibility, and warfighter suitability.
As a member of a Test Systems Engineering team, the position will participate in development, management and tracing of requirements with an eye towards how prime item requirements will be tested at every level from component to all up round to development and operational test.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Activities will include:
· Develop overall system and subsystem test strategy, requirements and associated analysis.
· Management of test requirements throughout the life cycle of the prime item and test environments.
· Develop top level requirements for engineering and production test equipment solutions.
· Utilize advanced analytical techniques, such as DOE and Response Surface Methodologies, to optimize laboratory integration and test activities and system level integration and field/flight test activities across the life cycle to ensure test coverage and minimize cost.
· Apply MBSE and Agile Development techniques and principles to the System Test Directorate.
· Evaluate how the comprehensive test solutions ensure superior system performance.
· This position requires U.S. citizenship and the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
· Systems Engineering experience from contract start through Critical Design Review with a focus on System and Component requirements derivation from Key Product Characteristic to item requirements and assignment of Parameter Codes to test for each requirement.
· Familiar with Design of Experiment, Regression Analysis, System Simulation, Math modeling and optimization, and Data analysis in Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, JMP, Minitab, or other equivalent tool.
· Ability to communicate effectively using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint.
· Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in product cost estimation
· Familiar with Agile and Model Based Engineering.
Required Education Level:
Bachelors or Masters .
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Interested job seekers must apply online at to determine if they meet qualifications for specific positions and other employment requirements.
Check us out on YouTube:
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 129001
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.