General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
***THis position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph***
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Core Hours 8:00-4:30. *Provide administrative support to a group of 6 staff officers. *Schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, and manage conference room scheduling as backup support to the Front Office. *Responsible for greeting visitors, fielding phone calls, and making sure the visitors and phone calls are routed to the appropriate officers. *Keep program databases and SharePoint up to date and will run already created reports as requested. * Will review work assignments (class rosters, excel spreadsheets, student bio's and EOD profiles) for accuracy. * Will review program records to verify data entry is accurate.
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as outside contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
1-3 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Associates Degree preferred.