General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Performs a variety of general administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
Work Hours 0800-1700
Provide support for chiefs of several departments. Provide general support to the office as needed - requires officer to manage and/prioritize the calendars/appointment to include scheduling meetings, conference rooms, and VTCs. thus, AA must work a standard 5 day, 8 hour work schedule. Responsible for printing materials for meetings and logging into computers for displaying PowerPoint slides during working group meetings. Submits requests for sponsor organization compound(s) access and vault access for all center members, visitors to working groups and meetings. Submits requests for new security accesses, passes and receives clearances and prepares access lists. Submits visitor and compound access requests and prepares access lists. See position description for additional info.
The AA will serve as a member of the Department EXO/ADMIN team, backing up each other and providing ad hoc support as needed. The AA should proactively engage with department staff to identify and solve problems.
The AA will work as part of the support team to document all administrative process within the component.
The AA will be responsible for maintaining an inventory of supplies, records, and receipts; arranges and/or advise of the need for the repair or purchase of office equipment.
The AA will process and assist others with processing of travel, training, and POV vouchers for managers and others in Branch as needed. This includes assisting with drafting and coordination of external communications, making hotel and plane reservations, processing requests for travel, reserves cars/drivers for manager meetings.
The AA should be comfortable using a variety of MS Office Products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint to produce materials for meetings, briefings, panels and all hands meetings.
Experience with government databases include Sponsor's Supply Ordering, Accountable property databases, reimbursement databases and user access tracking system.
Excellent skills in planning and organizing to systematically coordinate, track, and complete work flow in accordance with the unique guidelines and procedures of multiple agencies/organizational entities.
Microsoft Office Suite to include WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ complex questions/tasking's in a clear and concise manne
1. Performs a variety of general administrative tasks, such as preparing reports and correspondence, coordinating travel and meeting arrangements, answering phones, filing, and sorting and distributing mail, in support of the day-to-day operations of an office, group or customer.
2. Compiles and analyzes various contract, program, and financial data using various database programs, and prepares monthly status reports based on the results.
3. Collects and inputs timesheet information into automated accounting system and processes labor corrections.
4. Processes purchasing requisitions, invoices for consultants and subcontractors, and travel and expense reports.
5. Serves as point of contact for the office or group on issues related to accounting, human resources, purchasing, and other departments, as well as external contacts such as customers, vendors, and subcontractors.
6. Provides work leadership to less experienced clerical and administrative personnel, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of related administrative experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Bachelor's Degree Preferred