General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
The IDL Team is looking for an experienced JAVA developer. The developer should be a self-starter and able to work autonomously and collaborate with the balance of the team as needed.
The IDL Team is developing mission critical web services for its clients as well as performing enhancements to existing web services, previously developed by the team. The IDL Team operates completely in the cloud.
The developer should be able to interface with customers during planning sessions, technical exchanges, and other customer focused activities.
Additional Desired Skills:
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.